All games at all Parks will be played in accordance with National Federation of High School (NFHS) rules unless otherwise modified by the following rules.
MN 1. Game Times and Scoring
A. 6 inning games
B. Time limit will be 1 hr. 30 min.
C. 7 runs max per inning. Insurmountable lead rule is in effect (Game should end if and when win or tie is impossible)
D. Games may end in a tie and need not be completed unless League standing is impacted. (spring season will not end in a tie, due to All Star Coaching)
E. Incomplete games (less than 4 innings) need not be resumed unless League standing is impacted.
F. Mercy Rule is 10 runs after 4 innings,8 runs after 5 innings.
MN 2. General Rules
A. Faceguards are mandatory or a C flap must be worn while at bat or on base.
B. Headfirst slide
● not allowed when a player is advancing to a base
● Runner will be out, ball is live and other runners may advance
● allowed when a player is returning to a base
● 2 ¼” D must be 1.15 BPF stamped bat or USA Baseball approved
● Big Barrel (2 ⅝ and 2 3/4) bats are legal for this Level of play but must also be a 1.15 BPF stamped bat or USA Baseball approved.
D. Pitchers will be limited to three (3) innings maximum per game. However, a pitcher who starts/enters in, the 4th inning may finish the game (1 pitch or play = 1 inning)
E. Each team to provide their own baseballs. (1 per game minimum per team)
F. Courtesy runner for Catcher and Pitcher of Record at any time
● Last out will be the runner.
● In case of no out in the 1st inning, the last batter in the order will be the runner.
G. Plays not allowed.
● No drop 3rd strike advance
● No Infield Fly
● No Leading off from base, can leave once the ball crosses home plate.
● No fake bunt and then swing away.
● Contact is not necessary.
● The batter is out, the ball is dead and runners cannot advance.
H. Free defensive substitutions are permitted provided that minimum play requirements, determined by each team’s Local Association, are met.
I. All players who are eligible to participate shall be placed in the batting order and bat consecutively in that order. As a result:
● Defensive Free substitution will apply
● Defensive visits will remain 3 per game
J. If a team starts play with eight (8) players, an automatic out will be taken for the ninth (9th) position in the batting order for every cycle through the batting order. (No penalty of an out, if loss during the game is due to injury/sickness). At the discretion of the team Manager; If a player arrives late for the game, that player may enter the game and be inserted at the end of the batting order, even if the team has already completed one cycle through the batting order.
K. A team warning for "slinging the bat" will be issued for the 1st offense. Each team player will be called out on any subsequent occurrence.
MN 3. Replacement Players
Will be allowed during Regular Season but not Post-Season Tournament play, when your team falls below nine (9) players.
A. Replacement player(s) can be from another Rec. team from your Association of same or lower Level
B. If only one (1) team in your Association, replacement player(s) can be from another Rec. team of same Level in your League
C. Cannot add more than nine (9) players to a team.
D. The added player(s) must bat last, play in the outfield and may not pitch.